I love to share tips with you, and I have a great tip for you today! I have used this product (Surgical Spirit) for several months now (testing it before I tell you about it), and I looooovvvvveeee it. (DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk, I have not had a problem at all with my stamps since using this product)
So, if you are finding your clear mount stamps are not sticking to your block it there may be a few reasons:
1) Your blocks are dirty with body oils
2) Your Clear Mount Stamps have your “body oils” on them
The product Surgical Spirit is used to place a protective shield over a cut, sore, etc. But for whatever reason it works beautifully to keep stamps stuck on your blocks. Mind you, there is “no sticky” residue on the block or your stamps after use. It just works like magic, lol! Here is how I use it.
- Wash or clean your blocks thoroughly (I am lazy and use hand sanitizer)
- Using a Cotton Pad/Ball apply the Surgical Spirit Solution and rub all over your blocks. Let them dry, just a minute or two.
- Apply your clear mount stamp to the block, and you are literally good to go!!
I mean you will “thank me” later, I just know it. If you would like me to share a video, just drop me a note and I will be happy to oblige!
Now that I have given you a reason to go and use the heck out of your stamps, go create something beautiful and share it with someone.