Mary Cook’s Birthday Card
This Slimline birthday card was created in honor of my bestie Mary Cook. I used the NEW Playful Alphabet Dies and New Rainbow Glimmer Paper for my project. I made my own envelope for this project, I’ll share how I created that too.
I made this Slimline card a little smaller than the previous one I made for my grandson using the Whale of a Time Suite.
I started with a 7″ X 8-1/2″ piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock and scored it at 3-1/2″ on the 7″ side for my card base. I cut my first layer of Basic Black Cardstock at 8-3/16″ X 3-3/16″ and adhered it to my card base with my NEW Stampin’ Seal+ Adhesive. I used the leftover piece of cardstock from my card base, and cut it to create my second card base layer and cut it at 8-1/16″ X 3-1/16″.
I sponged the second layer of the Thick Whisper White Cardstock with my Balmy Blue Classic Ink Refill with my Sponge Dauber and favorite secret weapon, glycerine. I have a video with the details on this technique HERE if you want to check it out. I added a few drops of glycerin to my Silicone Mat and then 2 drops of the Balmy Blue Classic Ink refill, and used my Sponge Dauber to mix it up, then add it to my card layer.
I punched out 10 balloons using my Balloon Bouquet Punch and the super gorgeous Rainbow Glimmer Paper. Yes, “no flaking”, love it.
Foam Adhesive Sheets
I used NEW Foam Adhesive Sheets, NEW Playful Alphabet Dies, and Basic Black Cardstock to cut out my alphabet letters. The Foam Adhesive Sheets are super, super sticky and works great when you remove the backing on one side, add your cardstock, and then run it through your die-cutting machine with the Playful Alphabet Dies. Kills two birds with one stone.
I added my cut letters at the top of my card to spell H-A-P-P-Y by simply peeling off the second adhesive backing, no additional adhesive needed. Next, I added the alpha letters spelling B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y on eight (8) of the Rainbow Glimmer Paper punched balloons. I decided where I wanted to add my balloons on my card front, then added half with my Stampin’ Seal+ Adhesive and the other half with some Stampin’ Dimensionals. I added some squiggly lines under the balloons with my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
Lastly, I added 2 additional Rainbow Glimmer Paper punched balloons. This card just made me happy.
The Slimline Envelope
This envelope is for a card size 3-1/2” X 8-1/2” Slimline card
- Cut a piece of cardstock at 9-3/4” X 8-1/4” (I used a cheap 60 lb cardstock)
- Score on the 9-3/4” side at ½”, and 9-1/4”
- Score on the 8-1/4” side at 4” and 8”
- Cut off the areas in the red X’s
- Corner round at the top of the envelope as shown below
- Add Stampin’ Seal+ or Tear & Tape the two center tabs on the outside and fold in
- Fold up on the 4” score line to create your envelope
You can download the template by clicking ——->
Are you interested in the Tutorial Bundle?
You have several ways of receiving the 3D Tutorial Bundle:
1) Order $50 from my online store between July 1-31, 2019 get the PDF for FREE.
2) Purchase July’s Tutorial Only 3D tutorial Bundle (6 tutorials) PDF for $15.00
This is a one-time purchase. Simply drop me an email at email@example.com and I will send you a PayPal Invoice. Once I receive payment I will email you the PDF tutorial.
3) Join my team! They always get the tutorials for FREE!
Bonus Days Are Back!
Earning Period Deadlines
- Phone/Fax/Mail: 3 August 2020, by 6:50 PM (MT)
- OEX/Online: 3 August 2020, by 11:50 PM (MT)
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If you earn multiple codes from a single order, you will receive one email with multiple codes. If they earn multiple codes from multiple orders, you will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- All order types qualify for this promotion. Fax and email orders still require an email address.
- Orders that are started before the promotion begins will not go toward earning coupon codes.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
Thank you for visiting with me today, I hope I have inspired you to go create something beautiful and send it on its way.
I appreciate your business and have included the products I used on this project below for your shopping convenience. You can also download the Supply List then head on over my online HERE to place your much-appreciated order.